The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my tanks in the signature and also in Photo Album Journal section, but nobody (or not many ppl) commented on the threads...

So, do my tank really suck real bad?

Why won't anyone comment on them? Or, even a suggestion or criticism are welcomed. I want to make my tank better..

Thanks.:icon_neut

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Don't take it personal. I have been here since 2006, have thousands of posts, and I don't get comments on my current tank either.:hihi:
I really like the first tank, it's lovely.:icon_cool eta: shoot..I looked again at your ten gallon tank. You had more replies than me..lol!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
hahaha I'm posting baby pictures in two threads and at times follow my own posts when I update,,, it's a big site

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I get sad when people dont comment on my tank...so I keep posting pictures to annoy people LOL

I think you got a cool thing going on and at least have some knowledge in making your tank seem nice. Ask yourself if you are happy with the tank....at the end of the day that's what matters. If you aren't change a few things put a new manzanita branch or something. Just make yourself happy.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't take it personal. I have been here since 2006, have thousands of posts, and I don't get comments on my current tank either.:hihi:
I really like the first tank, it's lovely.:icon_cool eta: shoot..I looked again at your ten gallon tank. You had more replies than me..lol!
Thanks waterfaller1... if you see in that thread, I am the one who keep on posting pics and replies that made it becomes 2 pages. :)

I get sad when people dont comment on my tank...so I keep posting pictures to annoy people LOL

I think you got a cool thing going on and at least have some knowledge in making your tank seem nice. Ask yourself if you are happy with the tank....at the end of the day that's what matters. If you aren't change a few things put a new manzanita branch or something. Just make yourself happy.
/jots down "keep posting pictures to annoy people"
Har har..
Yeah those manzanita branches are nice. I probably will buy one later.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
True. But I am not really satisfied with it still... I tried my best but I am not fully satisfied.
and when you get it EXACTLY how you want it the growing plants will change it LOL

the box may be glass but whats in it is alive and living things always change

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Actually your tanks are pretty nice, especially the 10 gallon and the slope on your substrate with the 3.5 is great. But don't feel bad, you will get more comments the longer you are on here and the more pictures you post brings people. Hang in there, and they will start showing up. Do the journaling for yourself and enjoy it. I've found if you write your process and keep writing often times others will just start naturally following. Those are the journals I like the best, the ones with attention to detail. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
126 VIEWS AND 11 REPLIES TO this thread

The only thing you should worry about is--
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE TANKS AND THE WAY THEY LOOK

by the way the 10 gallon-2 thumbs up nice

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I agree with the above comments, the journal should really be for you. It allows you to track your tank progress and your own progress in the hobby.

I have found if you need help on something specific it is often better to post a separate thread in the section pertaining to the topic as opposed to your tank thread. You will get a lot more responses that way.

Also if you just want to increase traffic in your threads in general, commenting in other peoples threads will tend to bring them into yours.

and no your tanks don't suck :) Me likey the 10 gallon.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Your tank is pretty shoddy - i hate the water....it is to clear. And all the green? What are those plants...

One would think you are trying to have fish in that thing...

In all honesty - the first tank is nice. Good aesthetics, nice layout. Is it ugly - not at all. Does it Suck? Nope..

Is it like 1,000 other tanks to the point where people look at it and think to themselves "Nice", then click onto whatever else....Yes

The second tank isnt really much - but I think that is intentional for the shrimp...so it is has more meaning to you than most others...

Its not a bad thing, and most tanks on here are no different. Most are all beautiful in there own way, scaping techniques exist to be more appealing to the eye and some are better than others, but for the most part, there is rarely a bad tank, and with so many tank existing not many qualify as "Exceptional" especially considering many of us view pictures from contest and have spoiled our eyes.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Man, I am happy if my plants thrive. Don't have the dreaded BBA. No nutrient deficiency. Unless I am going after a specific look, I don't think my tank will win any contest. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.