The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a guy on here money last week. He said he would ship Monday and now he is a no show.
Not going to mention names but he is the guy that had the big list of fish last week!

I paid through PayPal and it is a little early to get to excited, but was wondering if mods get involved in deals gone bad on this site?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would like to imagine that if someone is indeed committing fraud (not saying your seller has) that they would at least be banned from this site to protect future buying and selling in this community.
But guess we will see eh?

·
Registered
835 Posts
if it is the seller i'm thinking you're speaking of - I wouldn't panic.

they have a very high rating, life happens sometimes and things get delayed.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to imagine that if someone is indeed committing fraud (not saying your seller has) that they would at least be banned from this site to protect future buying and selling in this community.
But guess we will see eh?
Too early to call it fraud yet, but mostly aggravating that I pay instantly(and a week ago Wednesday). He says he ships only on Monday, Tuesday, sometimes Wed.
I have had NO response nor has he logged in since then.

If he comes on and says he will ship next Monday, (because he only ships Monday and Tues) I'm going to get really PO'ed.

He has some negative feedback, but you can't see what the reason is?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's only been a day, but did you pay with paypal? Paypal has pretty good buyer protection as long as you didn't use a gift payment.
Well, sort of a day, he has had my money for nearly a week.
Ya I get that, like I said, not upset, just looking for some communication back from the seller.

So far there has been zero response.:|

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I recommend you read the sticky at the top of the sales thread. Really. This has all the answers to your question.

Personally, it's one day past the day he said he MAY ship.

He says he ships only on Monday, Tuesday, sometimes Wed.
The days he said he may ship aren't expired yet. To be honest even if they're a few days late it shouldn't be the end of the world. People here are pretty honest. Give others a chance before posting something close to a feedback in the open forum which by the way is prohibited. Most users are real people with real lives. Things happen.

Use the pTrader system if you're not satisfied. If you feel you're being scammed then send the moderators a PM. Ultimately, the site is NOT responsible for problems although they do their best to prevent any.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No every seller sends tracking info either, or lets you know if something was shipped. its entirely plausible they shipped it and you'll recieve it when you should be expecting it. I can imagine it's quite a hassle to keep tracking numbers and orders seperated and communicated back if you have a lot of orders

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
Moderators do not generally get involved in transactions between users.

As mentioned in the sticky, it is "buyer beware."

Only if there is blatant indiscretion will the moderation team step in. Otherwise, it is up to the individuals to work it out amongst themselves.

If you feel that the transaction was unfair, use the pTrader system to reflect that note. The moderation team does keep track of negative reviews of users, and will review transaction history if too many negative reviews accumulate for a particular user.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Too early to call it fraud yet, but mostly aggravating that I pay instantly(and a week ago Wednesday). He says he ships only on Monday, Tuesday, sometimes Wed.
I have had NO response nor has he logged in since then.

If he comes on and says he will ship next Monday, (because he only ships Monday and Tues) I'm going to get really PO'ed.

He has some negative feedback, but you can't see what the reason is?
Shipping on specific days is pretty standard, these shippers have learned which days to ship on to get a 1 or 2 day delivery, and which days result in a much longer delivery. If they ship on the wrong day, you can end up with fish sitting in a warehouse for extra weekend days. This actually happened to me with a shipper who did NOT ship on select days.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Shipping and ship troubles are not always the same thing and something the seller can control. Stuff happens that can get almost funny at times or drive you crazy depending on how you react. Just something as simple as how to count can throw a hitch in things.
I give most things a week of overdue before really searching for what happened. Small individual businesses like most on the forum, I definitely try to work person to person on any questions. Nothing is harder than clear communications.
Simple things like the address being correct on Paypal accounts can get changed for no obvious reason and that can make the shipment go wrong. My last problem was that. For some reason my Paypal address defaulted back to an address that I had two moves ago. Computer memory boards can retain strange things and if not reset correctly they can mess with our minds-- and shipping!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have no idea where these fish shipped from, but did you consider the weather from that point to your home?

That doesn't necessarily excuse no communication, but "stuff" does happen at both ends of transactions like this.

I've ordered livestock during cold weather and have had no issues delaying shipping even though I've already paid. Weather, work schedules are all part of it.

The toughest part of shipping plants or fish is the time that goes into simple communication. If the list of what he offered is as long as it sounds, I wouldn't expect much until he actually prints the shipping label.

I wouldn't get to worked up.....yet. A little miffed? Yes.

The shipping monday and tuesday thing is to help make sure the package arrives within the 3 day max. Priority window. If he ships on Wednesday, a delay could possibly leave the box in a postal location over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Everyone knows RL happens and shipping issues happen. Simple inconvenient truth is COMMUNICATION solves all ills.
In this day and age of instant communication and phone apps there really isn't an excuse where someone can't find 2 minutes to communicate to a buyer over a period of several days. Just simply not good business practice.
I hope the OPs situation has been resolved.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Hi All,

Just in case you are not aware USPS had been having a terrible time for the last week or so with their 'tracking' (and other portions of their website). For example, a member here on TPT shipped some plants to me yesterday using USPS Priority and although PayPal indicates it shipped and provides the tracking number USPS tracking program doesn't recognize it.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Once you take someone's money, apart from illness, you have a responsibility to communicate. As lonestarbandit pointed out it's too easy to communicate these days. l

Seattle, that's very true, their tracking is not fluid at all. I have many packages that go from 'label created' to 'out for delivery' with nothing in between.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi All,

Just in case you are not aware USPS had been having a terrible time for the last week or so with their 'tracking' (and other portions of their website). For example, a member here of TPT shipped some plants to me yesterday using USPS Priority and although PayPal indicates it shipped and provides the tracking number USPS tracking program doesn't recognize it.
its worse than that actually.

I had a package from a seller very recently become "lost" for a week and a half in Ft. Worth and then it finally showed up of course all the plants were dead. It was not the fault of the seller but he is rectifying the situation with another shipment once the plants grow out again. A real stand up guy.
USPS is really on the rocks clearly.
Also fine print on insurance doesn't cover live plants as seller and I discovered unfortunately so paying a 3 day with insurance is actually pretty pointless.
(Just for informational purposes)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.