The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around and I saw that there are many different kinds of glass inlet and outlet pipes, but I can't find any metal ones. I have the do!aqua violet pipes, and I broke them in a month (the little suction cup nub cracked off) and being still in highschool, I can't keep affording new glass pipes (or afford ada, as people say they are stronger, to risk breaking them too) and I am not a fan of the original eheim green pipes or the feel of the plastic lily pipes. I like the stainless steel ones, just can't find any. Can anyone point the way where they are still available? Is there lily pipe look alikes made of metal? if not I am still happy with the jet outflow ones. aha I just want something nice that I know will pretty much last me forever :hihi: I can let myself spend a good chunk of cash again if I know it will last me. This poor high schooler just spent over $100 on pipes with super glue all over them within a month... not a fan of glass pipes anymore aha

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
ADA stopped making 13mm Jet outflow SS pipes.

Southern Oak Aquatics (PT Sponsor) carries 13mm and 17mm Borneo Wild SS filter pipes.

I've seen some stainless steel pipes come up every now and then, but they tend to be REALLY expensive.

I like acrylic lily pipes for the same reason, though. There's a seller on Fleabay right now who's selling sets for $25.
IME Stainless pipes are well worth the price of about $60 each. They are incredibly well built and solid (ADA), case of you have to buy it first to experience how good they are. Never going to break. Never going to see algae. Low maintenance. Not to mention they look awesome.

Haven't tried the BW but they look to be similar quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I don't mind spending about $120 for a set, especially since I already did for the violet pipes. They look equally as nice and clean looking, and won't break unlike the violet pipes. Also, I am starting to having to experience always cleaning the inside of the violet pipes to look clean, while with the stainless steel it's just the outside. Being stainless steel, I am assuming hopefully all the other brand pipes are built equally as strong. So ADA just doesn't make the steel outflow right? So I can go ada inflow and buy an outflow else where? I really can't wait to get it... sadly I have to save up a bit before though, since I have an eheim 2213 and 2215, so I need 2 sets... that's like $240. Maybe I can sell the violet pipe inflow and the outflow (for nearly free... it works just looks funky with glue all around now) i have now to cut the price down lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yeah I went to aqua forest aquarium today after school since I found out they have stainless steel inlet pipes still got myself two :) they were $68 each

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I got a set of the ADA metal inlet pipes and hooked them up to my 2217's.

You can see it around :30 in this video I just posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2085NurXh4

I really like them. It requires an adaptor to fit onto the Eihem inlet hose.

(Actually, in that video I only have the left one installed. The right one I haven't gotten around to yet, so it's interesting to see how different they look)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts