The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i am a beginner with fish tank thing. I have a question, since i put lots of plants in the tank and only several baby fishes in it, all the water parameters are excellent, PH: 7.4;
Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate <10. Do i still need to change water regularly? maybe there are some chemical i did not monitor could go high and harm the fishes? Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The short answer is yes.

The long answer is... probably. The only way you wouldn't need to do water changes is if you top off your tank (from evaporation) with RO water.

Any non-RO water that you add is going to contain a plethora or minerals, non of which will leave the tank through evaporation.

Think about it this way: Fill a bucket with water, and add a handful of sand. Let that bucket sit until half the water is gone, and fill it up again, again adding a handful of sand. Do this over and over again for a year, and you're going to have a crap load of sand in your bucket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the replay! i will replace 15%~20% water weekly and keep observing what would happen then.

·
Premium Member
5,660 Posts
This is the same person making multiple accounts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Geez

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts