The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
From what I have seen in a couple of articles, you very well might not need the filtration, but you prowly would do well to have something for circulation.

Something like a small, submersible fountain pump would likely do for that purpose.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You may not strictly need a filter, especially if you stay on top of water changes, but it could be helpful at least for circulation.

I use the Azoo Palm filter (same thing as the Red Sea nano filter) on my 2.5 gallon nanos, and it works very well. I feed the diy co2 tubing into the filter intake.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Maybe you are like me and don't like seeing equipment in your un you aquarium.

Here's a thought:

- Find a smaller diameter lift tube from an undergravel filter.
- Stick in the gravel in one of the back corners(easier to hide).
- Mark the gravel line on the tube.
- Now take it out and use a small drill and make enough holes in it above the gravel line mark to equal the inside diameter of the tube.
- Return it back into place and attach and airline hose & air pump.

You'll have plenty of gentle circulation. The clear riser tube will be fairly easy to hide. It top elbow allows for direction changes.

I had this very thing planned for my 4 Nano, I've rethought my plans and because I'm adding fish/inverts I've decided to go with a small HOB...at least until the the tank is well aged.

If you do try this, I'd love to hear your feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.