you don't need a filter but circulation is a good idea as well as water changing, some may disagree but wait till your water becomes stagnant, its gross and easily avoidable not to mention circulation nutrients is a good idea and for some plants its a must
Maybe you are like me and don't like seeing equipment in your un you aquarium.
Here's a thought:
- Find a smaller diameter lift tube from an undergravel filter.
- Stick in the gravel in one of the back corners(easier to hide).
- Mark the gravel line on the tube.
- Now take it out and use a small drill and make enough holes in it above the gravel line mark to equal the inside diameter of the tube.
- Return it back into place and attach and airline hose & air pump.
You'll have plenty of gentle circulation. The clear riser tube will be fairly easy to hide. It top elbow allows for direction changes.
I had this very thing planned for my 4 Nano, I've rethought my plans and because I'm adding fish/inverts I've decided to go with a small HOB...at least until the the tank is well aged.
If you do try this, I'd love to hear your feedback.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.