The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I was checking out the 3 spot Gourami's at my LFS this weekend, and was wondering if you think I have room for them or if I'm at my limit (my stock list is in my signature). I was thinking about 2 females and 1 male. So, what do you guys think ? Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Josh

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought that too, but wasn't sure since the gold barbs get to a decent size. I guess I'll give 'em a try.

·
Registered
324 Posts
you're tank is big enough for those gouramis... but it might be at it's limit once you get them... good choice for a centerpiece fish...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. These fish were striking, to say the least. From what I've read there should be a 2-1 female-male ratio. I may just wait it out a little longer to see if my kribensis lay eggs again...they ate the first batch.

Off topic, I don't know how it is in your area, but the Meijer store near my house has a decent pet department with live plants.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I would say yes, considering most of those fish are pretty small and non-agressive. Beware if the kribs start breeding though, if you have opposite sexes. They'll possibly kill all the other fish.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've already seen some aggression with the kribs. I started with 2 females and a male, but ended up taking a female back to the LFS because she was getting bullied by the dominant female.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts