The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have:

-1x Solarmaxhe2 T5 w/ 2x 21watt (1 10000k Daylight + 1 Actinic-03)
-Also has 6 moonlight LEDS (Always on)
-1x T8 w/ 17watt bulb

I have a 45 gallon tank (24" high). My ballasts sit right on top of the tank, about 1 inch from the surface of the water. I have about 3.5-4 inches of substrate/gravel and I dose it with Flourish, Excel, Iron, Potassium sulfate, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus (all liquid ferts). I do not inject Co2. I have about 8-10 plants, some being "low", some being "medium", and 1 being "high" light.

Is this adequate light? I am reading that WPG doesn't apply to T5. Not having that to base it on, I don't really know what my tank falls under and if I have adequate light to grow my plants properly. I want my plants to grow nice and full. In my opinion, I think I may need a little more light, but I'm not sure. I see a lot of people

If more information is needed, just let me know.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I think you probably have about as much light as you can use without using CO2. If you use even DIY CO2 (I used it on a 45 gallon tank, so I know it works) you will be able to grow most plants and grow them very well. That will do more for good plant growth than more light anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, well then I'll hold off on that for now. Unless I start injecting Co2, I think you're right and more light just isnt necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.