The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I'v read that some tap water conditioners can affect intake of iron in plants. Specifically NovAqua plus. Anyone's info would be great.
never really had any problem using prime, if anything that contain phosphate which will effect the iron and make the water cloudy sometime. i never used NovAqua and neither do i think they put anything in any water conditioner which will effect the iron level.

are you dosing any Mg in your tank? if Mg is 0 in water then iron cannot be used properly. if you are adding phosphate and iron at the same time this will cause the water to become cloudy and both will cancel each other out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I'm using currently is Flourish Excel and 25-50% water changes every two to three days. Needless to say I'm not seeing any great plant growth. Tank had been going for about 4 months, I'm saving up for an high tech co2 setup. Thanks for the advice. It give me a direction to research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.