The Planted Tank Forum banner

Do!Aqua Poppy Glass Inflow broke! Can I glue it back?

2471 13
Sadly my Do!Aqua Poppy Glass inflow pipe broke while I was trying to clean the inside of the globe (see attached pics). Can I glue it back somehow?? I spent $80 on this friggin pipe!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
12,174 Posts
I assume it is glass? You can try using silicone, but it will not be very pretty.

As CPDzeke mentioned, a possible alternative in the future is to get acrylic lily pipes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never have been successful with that

I have never been successful with glueing broken ADA glass. I did once complain after breaking a pollen glass diffuser to ADA in Japan, and even tried returning it to them, however they weren't the most supportive about doing anything and wrote me back a very kind but direct "no" to my request. The dilemma with glueing back broken thin glass is first the appearance which is kind of the point of us spending all of the money on the fixtures for our tanks, secondly is the shards of glass not visible but could pose a danger to fish or inverts?

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Don't even bother gluing it back, just throw it out and get new ones. Since I break so many of these things I just order multiples from e--bay, check out item number: 370689939930

It's like 25 bucks so you can't go wrong. You won't feel bad about breaking them.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I liked the look of the poppy glass which I haven't seen on eBay. The break is so subtle that if glued right I don't think it would be that noticeable. Does anyone know if glass loctite or other glass gluing products are aquarium safe?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know someone here suggested that I use loctite glass glue. I wanted to share what Henkel Corporation had to say about using loctite glue in an aquarium: "Loctite Glass Glue IS NOT aquarium-safe. However Loctite Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant is PH neutral, aqaurium safe and should give you similar results"

So I will try this product and report my results. Thank you all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.