The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Depends on tank size. Let us know the tank dimensions and gallons.

Surface agitation and turn-over rate (how many times the tank water volume passes through filter) are two different things just to make it clear which you are really trying to find out.

Is that 220 GPH from a powerhead or a canister filter/waterpump below the tank?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on tank size. Let us know the tank dimensions and gallons.

Surface agitation and turn-over rate (how many times the tank water volume passes through filter) are two different things just to make it clear which you are really trying to find out.

Is that 220 GPH from a powerhead or a canister filter/waterpump below the tank?
It's a 29g. 30x13×18. And a canister.

I know the turnover rate is about 7.5. I'm just trying to see if you think I will have a lot of surface agitation so I can jack up the CO2.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
The numbers look good. Set it up and monitor it. You may have to adjust the angle of the spray up or down a bit. If the plumbing arches over and holds the spray bar too low it won't do much surface agitation. If it is aimed too high it will blow off the CO2 too fast.
A good ripple is the goal without splashing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The numbers look good. Set it up and monitor it. You may have to adjust the angle of the spray up or down a bit. If the plumbing arches over and holds the spray bar too low it won't do much surface agitation. If it is aimed too high it will blow off the CO2 too fast.
A good ripple is the goal without splashing.
This is what my goal is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfvOaldoM0I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.