The Planted Tank Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
What Loctite do you recommend, from what I see on their website 545/567/5452 are rated for hydraulic and pneumatic systems.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
What Loctite do you recommend, from what I see on their website 545/567/5452 are rated for hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
545 works really well, it is rate for 10,000psi, but you don't need it, too expensive.
242/243 or 262/272 are much economic, lock/hold the fittings well and 3,000 psi rating is more than enough.

565 for stainless steel fitting connections, but expensive, use high/medium white/blue/gray teflon tape, works better.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Thanks for the info, is there a reason why stainless steel and the sealants are a issue?
stainless steel to stainless steel fitting connection, there is potential problem of galling- surface of two metal pieces fuse together.

I ruined some fittings and CGA 320 nut to male co2 outlet before, they are stainless steel, if tighten the stainless steel together too hard without properly taped or there is imperfection on the surface of the threads, galling will happen.

Bump:
have you use it? if it works well as loctite 545, I will get a bottle as well.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Haven't used either. My normal "go to" philosophy is find a competitor to the "leader"...:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, ordered the kit from DIYCO2, with the 12V solenoid- they were out of power supplies and of course don't answer emails. What is the spec for power supply?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts