The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the process of building a diy cerges reactor based on the info in the post I found here. So, I bought this filter:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ12ky/R-100471282/h_d2/ProductDisplay? langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I have everything figured out except for one thing. I am trying to figure out how to attach the piece of pipe inside the filter housing. After spending an hour in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot, I could not find anything that fit onto the "nipple" (for lack of a better term) on the inside of the top of the filter. I tried pvc and cpvc in both 1/2" and 3/4" and any other thing that was remotely close. Everything was too big or too small. I even tried to find something that would've required a little grinding/dremeling, but still nothing was close enough. I did come up with one idea and want to ask your thoughts. I picked up a 1" piece of pvc and was able to wedge pretty tightly it into the top. It doesn't form a complete seal on the nipple, but it's the closest I got to it. When I was reading through the diy thread I saw that someone had made the inside pipe run the whole length of the housing and then drilled holes for the water to run through. I am thinking if I do it this way the pressure will hold the pipe in place tightly enough to create a pretty good seal. What do you guys think? I hope this all makes sense. I am at work and posting on my cell so I can't really provide any pics right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.