The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cylinder store I called has a dual gauge CO2 regulator for 42$ and I have a 20 oz paintball CO2 tank. Besides the needle valve, what else would I need to build a cheap pressurized CO2 system?

·
Registered
255 Posts
a diffuser and a Check Valve so u dont get water all in your lines when your co2 system is off. Silicon Tube and a drop checker is always helpful to have. A electronic solenoid is always a good option to have so u can set it on a timer with your light and not have to worry turning your co2 system off. I have my co2 on the same timer as my light. i hope this helped

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the drop checker I am going to use the one from my diy set up. I will just use the same tubing until I can order from silicon tubing online. After I get everything set up and get my drop checker, I will have to see if I need a solenoid. How long should a 20 oz co2 tank last if I have it running for two ten gallon tanks?

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
For the drop checker I am going to use the one from my diy set up. I will just use the same tubing until I can order from silicon tubing online. After I get everything set up and get my drop checker, I will have to see if I need a solenoid. How long should a 20 oz co2 tank last if I have it running for two ten gallon tanks?
There are a ton of questions that you aren't asking... but, the first thing I see is getting an adapter to go from a 20oz tank to regulator. Silicone tubing can be bought for a few dollars a petco, or any other fish store.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the adapter, I am going to take the tank to the cylinder place Im getting the regulator from and see if they can get that to work. If they cant, I will just have to find a standard CO2 canister.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up just buying a full co2 set up with a 5 lb tank and Milwaukee regulator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts