The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY pressurized CO2 component advice/?'s

972 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Seadon
I'll kick this off with does anyone know what the difference between an angle pattern toggle valve and a metering/needle valve is...I have found a Swagelok SS-1GS4 angle pattern toggle valve for cheap and they look almost identical to metering valves, is this just another term for metering or needle valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
As the name implies, wouldn't a toggle valve just be on/off position, and not actually be able to control flow?
Ah, yes...and Therein lies the difference lol, the only difference in looks at least is the on off knob, on a metering valve it obv. Has a potentiating knob, on the toggle valve it has just a on off knob, I'm assuming I'm not lucky enough to be able to convert one into the other huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll notice that the construction of each valve is different.

Toggle valve:

Metering valve:

I'm not sure how you would propose converting from one to the other.
See less See more
Yeah Its not doable...rookie mistake...anyone know where to get a decent deal on a nice brass metering valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay so I've got a nice Matheson brass reg and I'm looking for a nice brass needle valve, and a decent quality brass solenoid...any ideas or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.