The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go the paintball CO2 route, but I have a few questions.

I can get a 20 oz. tank for about $22 on ebay new. I can also get an ASA valve with a pressure gauge loctite-ed into it for about the same price as just an ASA valve alone locally. Is there any particular downside to having the gauge glued pretty permanently into the ASA adapter? There is of course another port in which I can install the needle valve, which brings me to my next question.

Are the Watts needle valves from home depot ok? I've heard a few people say to get the Swageloc ones instead, but they are proving hard to find for a reasonable price.

Also, I've read that paintball CO2 tanks need to be hydro tested every 5 years. What is entailed with that? Where do I take the tank to have it done? Can the place I get it filled test it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did look at that thread. I'm not reading all 100+ pages though, and the above questions are the ones I still have after scanning through the thread you linked.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
My only piece of advice: Don't do it. The dangers are much higher than so many people make it out to be. You are going to be controlling 800+ psi with a needle valve... designed for water....

Normal Regulators drop that 800+ psi to 30 or so PSI. Much safer to control.

It just isn't worth it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.