The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to switch from a 50 long to a 40 breeder soon and I wanted to set it up with either a 10 gallon or 20 long sump with a refugium. I know how to do everything in the sump I'm just not sure yet about how to build a good overflow box that won't make a lot of noise. I also don't want this to be a very noisy one. Any ideas? My return pump is a maxijet 400 or 600 can't remember or I was thinking of using my odyysea cfs 500 for the return.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Interesting. I'm thinking that there might be enough space in that box for a Durso topper, or a "gurgle buster" attachment. I'm on my phone browser so I'll let you Google those. :)

Certainly you could use something with that over-the-top approach rather than drilled, but you will need some way to guard against a loss of siphon on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
471 Posts
I remember looking at this a month or so ago and finding it impressively clever at the time. I think if it does what you want that's all the answer you really need. Besides, PVC is pretty cheap. :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.