The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
1/2 to 9/16" ID

5/8" OD
uh. no.

1/2" OD, the tubing on a 2213 is 1/2 inch. 5/8" will be too big and you won't be able to stretch it w/out breaking.

Get 1/2"OD and for ID, get whatever you want, just make it thick enough so that it'll still be rigid but not too thick that it'll be too hard to bend.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. I got some acrylic tubing today that is 1/2" OD and 3/8" ID....does that sound like a good size to make the lily pipes out of? Basically I just don't want to get too small of an ID and it build up back pressure. If anyone has 13mm factory made lily pipes that could measure their ID and let me know that would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Dr3,

Coming from someone who made them for a while, and I may start having some time to make them again soon; that'll be fine. I actually still have some 1/2" OD and 3/8" ID and it should be fine. Just make sure your bends don't flatten out too much, that'll cause back up more than anything.

I just noticed that your in Winston-Salem... not too far from Raleigh.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I made some DIY pipes for my 2213 and to keep the bends from distorting the tubing shape I used a round piece of electrical cord / wire that matched the ID of the tube. Coat the wire heavily with vaseline and you will get perfect bends. I experimented with salt and sand but found that some small amount of pitting and distortion of the round shape occured with both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.