The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently started a post regarding lighting for my 150 gal, and after reading some comments and @Fissure 's thread on his 465 W build, I've decided to go a similar route, albeit slightly different.

I know his build was completed in 2014/5, and used a Bluefish LED controller. I love the idea of having the phone connectability, sunrise/sunset, multi channel control. However, not trying to be super cheap, but some of the options it has aren't exactly necessary to me, like location based weather simulation, etc.

I've been scouring the webs for awhile now, and wondering, are there other capable controllers like this? Just wondering if there is anything similar/cheaper on the market right now.

for reference, my tank footprint is 4ftx2ft, 31 in high. Planning to get bridgelux EB strips, 4 1120's in 5700k, and then 4 each of 280MM in 5000k and 4000k. Then will run a strip or 2 of RGB strips in the center to add pops of color when I'm feeling fancy. Was planning to suspend the light somewhere around 4-5 in above the tank. Planning to use an old office light housing to minimize the light spillage outward.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Hi all,

I recently started a post regarding lighting for my 150 gal, and after reading some comments and @Fissure 's thread on his 465 W build, I've decided to go a similar route, albeit slightly different.

I know his build was completed in 2014/5, and used a Bluefish LED controller. I love the idea of having the phone connectability, sunrise/sunset, multi channel control. However, not trying to be super cheap, but some of the options it has aren't exactly necessary to me, like location based weather simulation, etc.

I've been scouring the webs for awhile now, and wondering, are there other capable controllers like this? Just wondering if there is anything similar/cheaper on the market right now.

for reference, my tank footprint is 4ftx2ft, 31 in high. Planning to get bridgelux EB strips, 4 1120's in 5700k, and then 4 each of 280MM in 5000k and 4000k. Then will run a strip or 2 of RGB strips in the center to add pops of color when I'm feeling fancy. Was planning to suspend the light somewhere around 4-5 in above the tank. Planning to use an old office light housing to minimize the light spillage outward.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
StevesLED hurricane and Coralux Storm or
Storm X

Modified tc420
or 421.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts