The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've used it before. Switched to a thermal siliçon.Common name on fleabay would be " heatsink plaster".
What I used was like that but by a company called Tian Mu.
Purple box. Problem is it dries really slow.
Would you reccomend it? Or should I just stick to drilling and tapping and use a cpu style paste?

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Would you reccomend it? Or should I just stick to drilling and tapping and use a cpu style paste?
I drilled and tapped my first fixtures. Doubt if I'd do it for any large fixture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update.

I've purchased the NLDD-1400mA x13 and NLDD-700mA x 7 ( I've purchased extra for future replacement/upgrade )

I can't seem to source a decent 48V psu in Australia for a reasonable price so I'll just have to deal with having extra LDDs at 24V I'll be able to have approx 6 LEDs per LDD. Giving me roughly 1 foot per LDD. I may split the WW and CW on their own LDDs and have a channel that will control them seperate.

I'm now thinking I'll run 36 LEDS Per row. 3 Rows

First Row -CW WW CW WW
Second Row - Unsure how I should go about it. I was thinking this will be the mixed colour section. Green,Cyan, Royal Blue, Red, UV & Possibly some extra CW or WW.
Third Row - WW CW WW CW

If anyone is able to point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@jeffkrol

Finally have all the parts needed to assemble this beast!
In the layout you linked ont he middle channel did you find that the triangle shape helped with colour mix?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts