The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for looking, im planning on building a wood hood for my 48inch 55 gallon (200L). Its gonna be a shop light in the hood without glass top on tank. I was thinking of enclosing the wood top except some cut out in the back for filter. Is this a big problem. Will the light become too wet from condensation? Will the wood get too wet, im gonna stain or paint inside white to reflect more light.

Questions on tank balance. Im doing low tech setup. See it http://www.aquascapingworld.com/foru...-new-post.html

Am i using too much light with 2 40watt fluorescent tubes. I dose 1/2 flora pride. No CO2. I might reduce light to 10 hours with more lighting. Will I grow algea. I do water changes weekly.

Any other advice. Do I really need a glass top to protect shop light?
Can I still get by without CO2?

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, tallen i have read your post. Great, I think the hood will cause more condensation. How does the mosture effect the light. Do you mean like light quality lumens. Would love to hear more.

What is kno3 for. i use flora pride, which is iron and potash. Is two lights too much, will it cause an algea problem without co2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.