The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY hood, light w/o glass top. 48" fluorescent tube. CONDENSATION?

5584 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Rich976USAF
Hi, thanks for looking, im planning on building a wood hood for my 48inch 55 gallon (200L). Its gonna be a shop light in the hood without glass top on tank. I was thinking of enclosing the wood top except some cut out in the back for filter. Is this a big problem. Will the light become too wet from condensation? Will the wood get too wet, im gonna stain or paint inside white to reflect more light.

Questions on tank balance. Im doing low tech setup. See it http://www.aquascapingworld.com/foru...-new-post.html

Am i using too much light with 2 40watt fluorescent tubes. I dose 1/2 flora pride. No CO2. I might reduce light to 10 hours with more lighting. Will I grow algea. I do water changes weekly.

Any other advice. Do I really need a glass top to protect shop light?
Can I still get by without CO2?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
1,241 Posts
Thanks i have built the hood as planned, if i have a problem with condensation i will add plexiglass. The hood looks great stained. i will try to upload some pics and plans of the hood and cabinet
I participate in another forum where the rule is if there isn't a pic, it didn't happen. :)

Let's see it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.