The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
708 Posts
I can't see the pics on the other forum, so I can't comment on your tank. I have found that if you don't have glass tops on, that you have problems getting the lights to come on when you flip the switch. I still need to get one more glass top for my spawning tanks stand to correct this problem. Check out my thread, I don't think you will need that much light. On my 55 I just run 1 32watt T-8 bulb and the algea is not a problem. I don't use Co2 in my tank.

· Registered
708 Posts
On my spawning tanks stand, I have 3 3' T-12 light fixtures. Just your basic shop lights from Lowe's. I have them all wired to one light switch. When I first built it, all 3 lights would come on at the same time. Now that there has been condinsation and water popping up from the air bubbles they don't all come on at the same time. I jst got home about 5 minutes ago and flipped the switch and 2 came on. Within the next 10 minutes or so the third one will come on. I think it is from the water coming up into the semi hoods around the lights and getting into the fixture. I have used the flora pride too when my plants start looking a little yellow. Other than that, I just used seachum root tabs in the gravel. When I did my rescape, I did get a little bit of algea with just my single bulb. I have gotten it under control now, and I haven't ever had to use Co2 in my tank. It might grow a little slower, but with a full time job and 11 tanks I don't need a tank that needs lots of attention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.