The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That air fitting on powerhead outlets sucks air into the outlet flow. When you use DIY CO2 it is a bad idea to apply suction to the output of the DIY container, because that can suck some of the yeast/sugar/water solution into the aquarium. Also, if you just stick the CO2 hose into the inlet of a powerhead the CO2 bubbles get chopped up by the powerhead rotor giving much finer bubbles and better diffusion of the CO2 into the water. But, that also applies some suction to the CO2 line - not much, but some.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so what I think I'm going to do when I get home is run my Co2 line down the back of the tank behind the power head to the bottom of the intake for the power head. I'll place an elbow connector at the end of the line so it ends up directly under the intake and the bubbles go straight in no suction on the Co2 line. I think this will work any thoughts as to possible issues?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ok so what I think I'm going to do when I get home is run my Co2 line down the back of the tank behind the power head to the bottom of the intake for the power head. I'll place an elbow connector at the end of the line so it ends up directly under the intake and the bubbles go straight in no suction on the Co2 line. I think this will work any thoughts as to possible issues?
it will work. issues are the noise generated as the bubbles are chopped up by the powerhead's impeller and microbubbles flying all around your tank. it would be more effective than your ladder though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.