The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
just a bunch of amateurs. :icon_smil

sawing it is unnecessary, if you want to split it the way they showed (perpendicular to the grain). just take a big rock, strike the nut, making sure to rotate it after each hit. 3 or 4 hits equally spaced should do it. make sure you do it over a sink, cuz the juice will run out of the crack. it won't be a neat, even cut, but that looks unnatural. plus, it takes literally less than a minute.

to get the meat out, just leave it in the sun for a week or two. meat shrinks as it dries and you can pop it out in a few chunks at a time, by hand. after you take the meat out, just leave the "skin", don't need to peel it down to the shell.

you would need to cut a hole to make it look like theirs, but i just lean it against the hardscape.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Apparently, milesm has no sense of humor. ;)
i do have an excellent sense of humor. i'd rather help people with the topic, rather than have them click the link and have a good chuckle. one of his disclaimers is that these caves are a pita to make. my method is a piece of cake. no saws, no two sets of hands, and no digging out the meat (much tougher than you think).

if i want to laugh, i merely have to remember many things dubya has said over the years. now that's funny :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't know what to say..................

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can save yourself a lot of time and tooth pain if you just toss the coconut in the microwave to shrink back the "meat" of the coconut as well. A dremel works well for the cutting process as well. Funny site though!

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.