The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have some problems for diffusing my co2. The bubble counter is going at a steady pace. But i do not know why the co2 is not coming out of the tubing into the tank. I am sure that it does not have any leaks. Can anyone identify the problem why the co2 is not coming out?

P.S The co2 only comes out when i squeeze the bottle.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
How long has it been since you set up the DIY CO2?

It usually takes some time before CO2 starts to be produced.

You say that you have a bubble counter? I assume you mean like a gas separator type bottle. If you see bubbles in there, but no bubbles in your aquarium, then it is possible that you have a leak between the bubble counter and your aquarium.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same issue until I sealed around the tubing with silicone caulk and used that white thread seal tape under the cap. The DIY videos say as long as the hole is smaller than the tubing it'll form it's own seal and won't have to be sealed further, but that hasn't been the case in my experience.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
OK i have put sillicone sealent and it comes out fine now!
Glad it is working for you. Always suspect a leak first if DIY CO2 doesn't work. Then and only then do you start worrying about other possibilities :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.