The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So strange when I use 02 CO2 reactors (ista turbo ft 1500l/h pump + PVC Jaqno DIY ft 2000 l/h pump) together but the plants no pearl and the leaves were decomposing until I add a ceramic diffuser feat a small pump (200l/h) inside the tank ---> things become better.

Yesterday, I used some accessories of computer water cooling to made the new reactor and hope it can work well, below are the pictures and video clip:

Clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwZWw6uco_Y

@2bps, the plants strated pearl after 01 hour lighting but still less than diffuser + small pump directly. @4bps tiny bubbles appeared at the out let.

I will try to improve it and will update goods news right after test.

Thanks for reading. :x:x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about making something like this. I would lower the atomizer.
Thank you Joshism,
With this kind of fitting (the white one - not silver) very easy to change the height of the atomizer.
Once again thank you about your suggestion, I will try it today :D

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Cool mod. Are the fins just turning from the vortex of the flowing water?

Did you 3D print the fins yourself? Maybe angled fins would also improve effectiveness?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool mod. Are the fins just turning from the vortex of the flowing water?

Did you 3D print the fins yourself? Maybe angled fins would also improve effectiveness?
I took the fins from Ista Max Mix reactor, the only function is check the pressure & vortex @ the bottom of this reactor :grin2::grin2::grin2:
I'm afraid it doesn't improve any thing here :(

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I took the fins from Ista Max Mix reactor, the only function is check the pressure & vortex @ the bottom of this reactor :grin2::grin2::grin2:
I'm afraid it doesn't improve any thing here :(
How about adding a bell and whistle?>:)

I tried to make a reactor like this back in about 1995, only I used an acrylic cylinder, and glued the top an bottom on it. It should be pretty obvious what the main problems with it were. But, it did work well for several months. And, I learned a lot about algae and biofilm from it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about adding a bell and whistle?>:)

I tried to make a reactor like this back in about 1995, only I used an acrylic cylinder, and glued the top an bottom on it. It should be pretty obvious what the main problems with it were. But, it did work well for several months. And, I learned a lot about algae and biofilm from it.
Haha, after glued the top and bottom it's impossible to clean inside the reactor. So may I ask what kind of reactor you are using now? :x

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I was shocked when the airstone I had inside the reactor disintegrated into a pile of dust! But, by then I could barely see what was inside.

Now I use a Hagen Elite mini internal filter, with a check valve stuck into the filter chamber. It works well enough that a pair of 2 liter bottles with sugar/yeast keep my 65 gallon tank at about 20-30 ppm.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would remove those Ista fins/propellers if they're not cutting up the bubbles, because it's slowing down the flow. In my opinion, if they're not on top, they're doing anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts