The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone....so im thinking about upgrading from the yeast/sugar method to pressurized co2.....I did read the guide on Planted Tank about what I would need... I have been looking at this regulator kit from mail order pet supplies (since I live in Canada) http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/regulator-p-798.html

Can anyone give me some info if I would need anything else on top of this....aside from say tubing and the actual cylinder....I have also looked at this diffusion reactor http://www.aquariumsupplies.ca/reactor-p-795.html would I need this as well.....any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I would recommend the use of a Milwaukee PH controller as well, since with pressurized CO2 it is possible to wipe out your tank if you don't keep an eye on the PH.
For me, I had the CO2 tank and regulator, the Milwaukee PH controller, and a reactor and that took care of everything. The PH controller turns the CO2 on and off based on the reading it gets. It is really convenient setup, but not cheap. Not cheap at all, lol.:icon_bigg
I would say I paid $125 for the controller, $100 for the CO2 tank, $50 for the regulator, and $30 for the diffuser. CHA CHING!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Depending on the size of your tank, pressurized CO2 may be overkill. I would say if your tank is 30 gallons or under you just don't need it. Yeast setups work fine. For larger tanks if you are willing to drop $300 or so it is fantastic.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im right at the border haha I have a 36 gal...eventually within the year moving to a 55+ gallon tank....i am currently running hte nutrafin Yeast with the ladder (not sure if you have ever seen it) I use my own supplies though.....running two canisters at the moment....im on the fence on what to do lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.