The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! this is my first post on here and new to live plants in my aquarium but I have had tropical fish for years. Sorry mods if this is a dupe or in the wrong section.

I have the classic ebay 2 screw caps with pressure gauge on 1 side and bubble counter on the other side. I have a 90l tank with soil substrate on the bottom and topped with sand. I am going to use vinegar and baking soda for this set up which will be fishless until I know more about the workings of diy Co2. Can you guys explain to me how to get started as I don't really know mixture levels, pressure gauge levels or anything. Thanks.

The system i am using....
Screenshot_20210219-223357_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm losing pressure really quickly causing the bubble counter to slow from 1bps to zero in minutes. I have tried different doses of mixtures and even completely changed the rubber washers round with the spares and still its not having it. I changed from 2l bottles to 1.5l bottles and no change at all. Its drinking the citric acid in a day which is way to quick even with following the diagram in the box to an exact detail. I'm using a filter tip as a defuser and its realising fine when the 1bpm is going but soon drops even after turning the release valve to let a rush of bpm through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts