The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gallon medium-low light tank, I am planning on doing DIY Co2 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with glass diffusers and DIY Co2.

They are both shown on this page: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=co2+diffuser+for+yeast+bottles&x=0&y=0

One is a nano diffuser for up to 20 gallons and one is up to 55 gallons. The 55 gallon one says its for pressurized only and the nano one says its only for up to 20 gallons.

I'm wondering if anyone has used DIY Co2 on the larger diffuser or if anyone has used the nano diffuser on a larger tank with DIY.

Thanks for any information.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
I mean does it really matter what the size of the diffuser is for DIY?
Yes. The larger diffusers often require more pressure than a DIY system can put out. A thicker disc, or smaller holes, maybe. To be more specific, a DIY system can create the required pressure. The problem is that your system will spring a leak, or an airline will simply pop out, before it reaches the required psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.