The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.8 wpg 10 gallon planted tank. I currently have a DIY bottle of CO2, at about 1 bubble per 10 seconds. Since this is kind of slow, I would like to add another bottle of CO2. Do you guys this will be overkill? I just ordered Flourish Excel and I'm wondering if I could use both in conjunction. What would be the most effective method of using them together?

And I'm thinking about getting this CO2 diffuser for my CO2 system: http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18478/si1501565/cl0/plantgroco2systembubblecounter Does anyone have any experience with it? If I do use two CO2 bottles, does this diffuser have two places to connect air tube lines?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have a 2.8 wpg 10 gallon planted tank. I currently have a DIY bottle of CO2, at about 1 bubble per 10 seconds. Since this is kind of slow, I would like to add another bottle of CO2. Do you guys this will be overkill?
There is really no reason to have two on a 10gal. Just increase your mixture. I get plenty (approx 1bps) from my mixture. That being 1 cup sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon yeast. I change it out weekly wether it needs it or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is really no reason to have two on a 10gal. Just increase your mixture. I get plenty (approx 1bps) from my mixture. That being 1 cup sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon yeast. I change it out weekly wether it needs it or not.
How do you get it to go so fast?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts