The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a lovely Biocube (14G) that I adore for its super lighting and filter. Only problem is that I've recently moved home from college and suddenly my tank has gone from no algae at all to BBA all over the leaves of my plants. Yuck! So currently I've got the lights completely off to put the tank into black out while I figure out how to inject CO2 into it efficiently without stressing my fish.

I have:
3 Sailfin Mollys
2 Bubble Mollys
3 Female Guppies
1 Male Guppy
3 Cories

There isn't much in the way of local offerings for CO2, just the nutrafin CO2 kit which I have tried before and disliked. What I have been thinking of doing is using the canister and CO2 packs from the kit and dropping an air stone into the third chamber (where the water pump is) of my biocube and seeing if this diffuses CO2 in the way that I want. Has anyone ever tried this before and should I try to make a bubble counter before I do so?

-TipTopArchaeologist

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run two nutrafin CO2 systems on my 180 litre tank and they're great. I use the ladder that comes with the kit.

Unfortunately, I don't think using an air stone will work, because the pressure coming from the line will not be high enough to get through the stone. You really do need to use a ladder instead as this is the best method for getting the CO2 to dissolve into the water and not just vent off into the air.

Drop me a line if you need to - I know this is an old post!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.