The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has to have been a thread at one time but I can't seem to find it. So I'm going to start up a diy co2 eventually going pressurised. How would I control the co2 when the lights are off? Is this even possible? Since its a 55gal ( I know diy is more for smaller tanks) will this even have an effect of it just runs?

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Practically speaking on a 55G you will not maintain good co2 levels with a DIY system and you can't really turn it off. Even if you could maintain levels it will get old very fast keeping on top of the mixture. On that size tank you will save money and frustration in the long term by going pressurized from the getgo.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running a DIY on a 125 gallon tank but it is most definitely insufficient unless you crank it up to 4-8bps which is possible. Although, it's hard to say how insufficient. My plants are thriving nicely. They have grown as well. I only say that from all the things I've read on this site.

I was thinking of experimenting using T connectors to add a 2nd pair of 2L bottles to the setup. I would suggest going the citric acid/baking soda method for creating CO2 as you get instant CO2 instead of waiting for the sugar to eat the yeast or whatever it is. Check my comments here:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/2...tric-acid-baking-soda-co2-40.html#post9204113

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.