The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so in the spirit of DIY I have decided to try something. I recently had lightning strike my house thereby killing almost every electrical component in my home. As well as my lighting system. I have replaced it temporarily with one 48" t12 6500k and two dual bulb ten gallon hoods. I have placed all this on my 75 g semi planted tank. In these hoods I have placed two 40 watt cfls each. (all are daylight). I was thinking about adding reflectors and came up with an idea of using the shiny side of a piece of tinfoil as a basic reflector. So far I have actually seen some very good results. I have nt seen my riccia pearl since I lost my t5ho. I will eventually replace the ballast in it but so far I have seen better results doing this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tin not aluminum. Regardless of material anything is better than the non reflective black plastic that was there before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.