The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going to get a 46G Bowfront with a stand for $50. It has a leak and I don't really want to deal with silicone. I know I guy that can sell me a 40g Breeder for $40. For me, this is the perfect size tank.

I would like to build an ADA style stand but with a dark stain instead of the silver. How do you think this would look? I want to do this minimalist style because it seems like the easiest and cheapest design. I want to make this as cheap as possible by the way. I would use 2x4s on the inside and then thin plywood for the outside. The two front doors would just be hinged in the front and be full length like the ADA stands. I built a stand for my 55g and it was a pain putting a sheet of plywood on the front with two whole and then attaching the doors. Any thoughts, comments, pictures would be a great help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a good design. I really want to see a picture of someone that made a ADA style but with stain. I am just hoping that it doesn't look too plain. What kind of wood did you use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.