The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discus are at it again.It's the same two but still don't know for sure if their a pair.Obviously the red checkerboard that is laying the eggs is the female but can't tell for sure if the albino checkerboard is fertilizing them or not.Eggs did not last long and their was a real battle between the red turquoise who is the boss and the albino which i was concerned about but appears to be no damage.In the video at the start you see my new arrivals 7 sterbai cory's that were really hard to find but quarantined for a week and they looked fine,all seven have been in for a week and look great.
I must have something right going if they are mating regularly or is it just instinct???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whEN23y050Q

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
If they're comfortable with their surroundings, a pair will spawn or a sole female (or 2 females) may simply decide to lay a clutch of eggs, and once they do, they'll usually continue to do so on a regular basis - until they decide to take a break, that is, LOL - or become stressed for whatever reason.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's good to hear they're getting comfortable enough to keep spawning. Give them time & they'll get the hang of it.

Due to the expense in purchasing, feeding and caring for discus, I would HIGHLY recommend a significantly longer quarantine for your future tank mates.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's good to hear they're getting comfortable enough to keep spawning. Give them time & they'll get the hang of it.

Due to the expense in purchasing, feeding and caring for discus, I would HIGHLY recommend a significantly longer quarantine for your future tank mates.
I agree on the quarantine time but the guy i got them from is a trusted friend and breeder so just went with a week.Eventually I will be getting about twenty + cardinal tetras and plan a month or more quarantine. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great!! Love them

Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.