The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pair of discus that lay eggs about once a week. the eggs hatch and be come larva but thays as far as they get . will this pair of fish get brtter as time goes on ? there are four other discus in this 125 gallon tank as well

·
Registered
234 Posts
man you have to feed the babys right when they become freeswimming , live baby brine........ they will die if they dont get food ........youre discus dont grow them themselve. theres a great discus forum .. www.simplydiscus.com the forum button is at the veryy bottom left , it has everything and anything needed to know about discus.

jordan

·
Registered
329 Posts
From what i hear the babies are ok because they eat of the parents. I've seen pics where the parents are pink cause all the babies are eating of one parent.

How many spawns have they had? And I would divide the tank so that the parents don't have to worry about something eating the babies at night.

The parents can be eating them because there not protected. The babies hang around the parents for 90days or something like that i forget. But separate the pair so there alone.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
once there larva or wigglers are gone it takes about 5 to 7 days for them to lay eggs again. i really dont care about raising discus i was just wondering if 1 or 2 may survive as they become better parents

·
Registered
234 Posts
no they wont. they wont grow to a size where they can feed on normal food off the parents.

jordan

sorry i forgot to add that i have two pairs that have spawned , at least 50 times , there babies die because there not fed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts