The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danios going missing! I have an 8 gallon with 4 zebra danios, 2 African dwarf frogs, and a female koi betta. somehow, 3 of my danios went missing!!! I'm pretty sure it isn't my betta, but could the frogs have eaten the danios? or other? There is no body, or remnants of any kind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have two ADFs and used to keep them in a beta tank a year ago. Kept betta with a school of Chile rasboras too. Had two of them disappear first one took days of searching and I found it outside of my tank dried up surprisingly far away. Jumper and flopper my best guess. The other I found passed as he was a runt but was hidden pretty good in the tank under some crypts.

From my experience I doubt the betta could kill and eat that many and if it did kill them I think it would only take a bite out. The ADFs couldn’t kill one and I don’t even think they could eat something that big if they died or your betta killed it. Only thing I’ve seen do this is my pleco munching on a dead fish once before I caught it.

My guess is they jumped or died for whatever reason and are in your tank or out of it. Is you tank rimless and quite full? What kind of filter do you have? Check that. How planted/bare is the tank? Did you do a W/C where they could have gotten sucked up dead or alive?

Anyways I would look hard and do serval extra water changes this week then following week keep your eye on your ammonia levels. Because if they are in there you want to be careful of a spike.

For the future I would try keeping a school of 6 or more they tend to do better and not disappear due to death or jumping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts