The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirt tank! 20 long from 1$ per gallon sale at petco a few weeks ago, driftwood I found at the river, clay pot from Walmart and landscape stone I slammed with a hammer. Sifted organic top soil(1") and floated small wood out then added orster and sea shells, laterite and kitty litter(clay from the bottom ocean floor) and cap with pool filter sand(1.5 to 2"). Need to figure out what plants to fill the tank with and dump some bacteria to get the cycle started. I need to figure out what lights to get and find a heater. Anyway here is the start of the Apistogramma Tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Plants

Hello, I like the set up! Try Hygros, Ferns, Anubias and even moss. Try osmocote tablets I use them in my low tech and all my plants are doing well. Keep updating the journal.:biggrin:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
working on it

I would add many more plants - as in 70% of the tank area should be covered when looking from the top. Just a suggestion. In the 1st 2 months floaters will help absorb extra nutrient if any/help avoid algae.
Adding them as I can, I'm not to worried about how it looks just trying to get it ready for the triple red's. I added some more today I'll go take a pic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.