The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to tell the directionality of a clippard solenoid (mme2pds) its the regular solenoid with the LED light.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
this block type single acting solenoid is good quality, and it is a 2 way(single inlet/outlet, one flow direction). but about 6 watt power consumption, it is not good for our application, it will run hot and the heat will cosiderably shorten the life of this solenoid.
the clippard mouse solenoid is low power consumption at 0.67watt but it is not 1/8" npt port ready.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i pm'ed you a while back about a clippard mouse solenoid/ post body build for my concoa 312 using some of my left over fabco nv. since then i bought a new clippard solenoid off a member here. i wish i knew how to put a mouse solenoid together but this solenoid seemed to be the easiest option. anyways, how do i know from what direction is flow?

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
port one inlet, port two outlet, and some of the solenoids have flow direction marked by arrow sign.
on burkert solenoid, " P " is inlet, " A " is outlet.

you can actually use a clippard mouse solenoid, the one with the 10-32 ports, but require a couple more fittings from clippard to connect to pipe fittings, not recommend though, because it kind of weak, here are the part number:

11999, 10-32 to 10-32 hex connector, brass, really weak
15453, 10-32 to 10-32 nipple, stainless steel, stronger than the brass(but still weak, imo)
2CPF, 10-32 female port to 1/8" npt male bushing/reducer, brass
4CQF, 10-32 female port to 1/4" npt male bushing/reducer, brass
15036, same as 2CPF, stainless steel.

regular pipe dope or teflon tape are not ok to work on these fittings, better to use Loctite thread lock sealants.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help. ive heard from other members that a clippard mouse solenoid probably wouldnt work for my dual output setup because of the weak fit. if this clippard one craps out on me like the old one i think ill go with the burkert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts