The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anyway that a Finnex Planted + can be dimmed, a la Current Satellite+, if necessary? I will be using it on a 40B, planted and with the substrate (2 inches)I'm worried about too much light. I don't want to do CO2. Thanks

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
Is there anyway that a Finnex Planted + can be dimmed, a la Current Satellite+, if necessary? I will be using it on a 40B, planted and with the substrate (2 inches)I'm worried about too much light. I don't want to do CO2. Thanks
Short of "screening" or shorter daylight period.. currently no... jury is still out on IF it can be hacked and modded..

That light over a 40b isn't too extreme to begin with.. with my own made up system and to compare it to old school I think this light would translate to 1-1.5W /gal in "old speek"..
I know people shudder when someone says this.. but I think it is a useful starting point and valid metric..Needs more quantifying though.. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I rubberband a couple of folds of window screening to the fixture when I need to lower the light. Got a bunch of Finnex and I know of no other way that they can be dimmed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts