The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the noise of the CO2 bubbles being sucked into my filter very irritating. I have had this problem in the past with Aquaclear filters and it isn't any better with my Fluval. Are bubble ladders an effective alternative? Is there any way to make this process quieter with my current setup? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have the red sea 500 reactor. There have been some negative reviews about it, but it's been working fine for me for 2 months now w/o a hitch.

It is handling 10bps (might be more, its hard to count that fast) and is complety silent. It runs on its own, inside the tank so there is no impact on flow and no hose connections that could leak.

AB

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
If you have a canister filter, Have you considered using an inline reactor instead? They are much quieter, and will diffuse the CO2 much better than a ladder would.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
A CO2 reactor is a section of tubing usually placed on the outflow section of your canister filter tubing into which CO2 is injected and dissolves in the water. They're usually made of PVC and are a larger diameter ( 2 inch PVC is very common with a length being usually around 18 inches give or take ) than the filter tubing allowing the water water flow to slow so that the injected CO2 has time to dissolve before the water reenters the aquarium.

I use one myself and am quite happy with it. I've done misting which is another good method but I get tired of al the bubbles flying around.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would go with the inline reactor, I just made mine works fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.