The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i am using in my 75 (1pic) and this is want I want to use. (2ndpic)

Not crazy about the hazzy look these Atomic diffusers put off but I need something better than what I have. Maybe just a bigger glass diffuser will do. Your input needed.

Attachments

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
The second type works really well, but your regulator will probably need to be able to put out 40+psi to be safe. In addition, it's difficult (though not impossible) to run more than one tank while using these things. If you're running just one tank, and you can jack up the working pressure on your regulator to say 45psi, then I'd say go for it. If your regulator won't go that high, don't bother. If you're going to run more than one tank, talk to some people (like me) first, but it's doable.

A bigger diffuser, in my experience, will often work better. A week ago I was able to tweak a crappy diffuser by putting superglue around the edges (where larger bubbles were coming out), and it now works better. Not great, but definitely better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.