The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have pressurized co2, diffuser, drop checker and i still get bba. i need help. can you guys with mini ms answer these questions for me:

-how long is your photo period?
-what is your bubble count?
-when your co2 starts, how much time do you allow until you turn on your lights?

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
What lighting do you have? How much CO2 are you adding and what kind of filtration/ water movement do you have?

Craig

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the solar mini m with a 27w light, right now i have the co2 at 2 bubble/sec, and i use an ehiem ecco 2232 dialed down to about half the flow. the outflow pipe flows horizontally and is located near the surface and in the opposite side of the diffuser. this configuration causes water movement that pushes the bubbles away from the surface and making it more efficient.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
What is your dosing and how long is your light period? How is your drop checker setup?

Craig

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my light period is 10 hrs. i have an ada drop checker. i change the solution every 3-4 weeks after a water change. i dose ei with a regiment for a 5 gal high light tank. am i doing something wrong? thanks for the help craig.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
light period is kind of long. are you using a quality 4dkh solution in the drop checker? doinng a 50% waterchange weeky?

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Here is my settings:

ADA Mini Solar 7 hours a day
CO2 as high as I cna get but not kill shrimp, I do ahve decent surface aggitation but drop checker will turn yellowsh after 7 hours. Plants pearl wihtin a hour or two.
ADA Ferts ahven't check out my levels but can't be too high.

craig

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just cut my photo period from 10 hrs. to 8 hrs. i hope that helps. my drop checker turns light green to yellow towards the end of the day too. i always thought it was suppose to be light green when the lights first turn on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts