1x Black Moor -- Onyx
1x Red/White Fantail/Ryukin -- Roger
1x Calico Fantail/Ryukin -- Stormy
3x Female Bettas
2x Clown Plecos

[STRIKE]1x Calico Oranda -- Panda[/STRIKE] -- Died
[STRIKE]1x Calico Fantail -- Storm[/STRIKE] -- Died
[STRIKE]1x Bulldog Pleco -- Rubber Butt[/STRIKE] -- Wasn't happy in here. :(
[STRIKE]3x Peppered Cories[/STRIKE] -- Weren't happy, buying new ones...

Plants will be:

1x Amazon Sword
1x Water Lotus
5x Crypt Wendtii
1x Onion Plant [Name found for me by Seds: Crinum Calamistratum]
1x Java Fern
2x Anubias
2x Handfulls of Java Moss on Driftwood

*Need to update this....*

Bigger River Rock/Gravel scattered throughout tank's floor...driftwood and rock as Decor...
--------
First fish added 9/26/09:

Storm - R.I.P.

Roger

Panda - R.I.P.

Stormy[calico] Onyx[black], &, Roger[red/white]

The 3 Betta Grrrls

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You dont see alot of planted goldfish tanks around here. Cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I'm really excited about this tank! In theroy, I could start this tank up and have the Goldies in by this weekend, but I've decided, I should start it up, Buy the new lid/light/plants[more like collect for those] and fishless cycle it...I'm sure I could throw one of the little Pond Goldies in here to cycle it then throw him back in the pond after the fancies are in? It's a little confusing...but I have plenty of time and there is no rush...I will provide pics as I can though...

I forgot to add I wanted Hornwort, Elodea, & Jungle Val in here...Those will give the Crypt a day to grow. ROFL...hopefully, this tank will be a success!

·
Registered
397 Posts
FYI: I have had gold fish eat tiger lotus
I've had goldfish eat java fern, java moss, milfoil, ambulia, flame moss, hair algae, egeria najas, potamogeton sp., and some dwarf water lily thing. Haven't had them eat hornwort or Ultricularia vulgaris.

Is your onion the dwarf onion or some sort of crinum? (I'm guessing C. thaianum isn't the rarer one)

I can't see 2 amazon swords and a crinum PLUS jungle vals all fitting into a 29... PLUS a water lily. I guess we'll have to see.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Be careful with GOLDFISH + MOSS. If you don't have it attached to anything already when you put them in, it will be all over the place and never get settled. If it isn't in the tank yet, put it on a small piece of rock or driftwood in another tank and let it attach before you move it.

GOOD LUCK demonbreeder! :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, lotsa HUGE plants but if my plan goes right, I'm getting these guys a 90 for the 5 of them! It's a possibilty, there is no chance of that though so I'm sticking with my 29 and enjoying that!

GlassCat: I have like 10 Lotuses, so one or two can afford to eaten...my mom keeps buying plants for the 55 which somehow end up in my tanks! LOL I'm sometime going to get something useful from her plant collection...she claims the Green Oealot Sword and the Regular Ozealot Swords are her's! I gave her 2 Marbled Queen Radicans, so she owes me!

Seds: No, It's not C. thaianum...they grow well for me...but I don't like them as much as I do the others...I just CAN'T remember!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tank is setup!

Tank is full of water & aerating...so the next step is to add in the Lotus & Amazon Sword [Have] and my Golden Mystery Snail named Banana Pepper.

I'm also going to take the light apart and paint the case, trim most of the white refelectors out replacing them with aluminum foil and get 2 new bulbs[It's a DIY Fixture].

Also on the list is a new thermometer and glass lid. This should be very interesting!

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seds: It's the second one, C. Calamistratum...I LOVE that plant! Wouldn't mind having those others too...lol

As an update,
I added in Blenny, my one year old Common Goldfish [White now but used to have red too] & Banana Pepper [The golden Mystery Snail]...
I also potted up some plants [Amazon Sword and Lotus] and tied some of the excess [not much] Java Moss to the piece of Driftwood I have.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Any pics???

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I have a Bulldog Pleco in my 55gal *TROPICAL* tank and was debating on moving him in here. He's of course my mom's pleco so I'd have to get permission but she might be willing to go for it...my stocking would be:
1x Center Piece Goldfish...either Black Ranchu, Panda Oranda, or Calico Bubble Eye
1x Red/White Ryukin
1x Calico Ryukin
2x Green Weather Loaches
1x Gold Mystery Snail ??
1x Bulldog Pleco ??

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tank is cycled so I added 2 Ryukin/Fantail Goldfish! Blen went out to re-join the other single tails/koi...The first one is a Red/White Ryukin I spent 10$ on! He's so tiny, that price isn't fair, but what is? I just bought him. The other is a Calico Fantail I payed 3$ for...I'm a bit worried about her because she acts listless from time to time, She's really sweet, so I'm hoping for the best!

My mom also bought me some river rocks plus a bigger rock from PetCo [where I got the fancies] so I added that to this tank...And, I of course plantrted some of the HUGE crypt portons from pandjpudge aka Matt into a Clay Pot.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok....Here are the newest pics:

Before the new fancies moved in

After the newbies moved in

Last pic of Blenny before he moved to the pond

Oger

Storm...She's soooo cute/sweet, I hope she lives!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it doesn't look too huge there lol and the tank looks ! Thanks for the shout out Kenny...if I could make one suggestion it would be to thin out the moss just a bit more.

LOL! I got ninja'd

I can really thin out the moss since it's tied down...Blenny has pulled it out a little though making it look alittle fuller. :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts