The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all :smile:
I went out to my LFS today to pick up a pair of golden wonder killifish but I am not so sure I sexed them correctly! :redface: Basically, I know one of them for sure is male (you can see him in the first pic) but I am not sure if the other is a girl or boy. I still have them floating so I can return if need be. What do you all think? Sorry for the bad quality of pics.

"She" is larger than the confirmed male if it helps. I am also curious about the "spots" on the back fin of the one I think is a girl. There are little white specs but they don't look like ich quite. The final pic shows them off - could they just be its coloration?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still in the bag, any help? I'd prefer not to add the fish if it is a boy. I have a little quarantine tank I can move him in for the night before I send him back to the store *if it is a boy.*

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
You can look here to see http://www.aka.org/aka/ I have had Killies before but not this variety, the differences between male and female are big color in the males most of the time but this isn't for sure, maybe the AKA will have your answer or lead you to one, good luck.

After looking around the males are very golden yellow and the females are very pale or almost silver with yellow high lights, your pair could be one of each if they are juviniles and their color has yet to develop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion! I have a little QT tank with the "female" and the male is in my DT right now. I am very confused! I started a topic on that forum but thus far I haven't had any response...and it seems kind of inactive :icon_conf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.