The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the whole pressurized CO2 world so any help would be great.

I purchased a used CO2 tank and regulator last night. The regulator is a Milwaukee ma957. Upon setting up the tank, I tightened all the valves and filled the bubble counter up with water.

I then not knowing, turned on the tank valve and a big gush of gas blew out the side of the regulator causing a whistling noise. I quickly turned off the tank and noticed that the side of the regulator was loose. By side I mean the hole opposite of the needle valve.

I then noticed that the needle on the right gauge was on the other side of the pin that would have held it at 0

I loosened the black nob made sure all the other connections where tight and turned the tank back on. well I got air to come out of the tubing, only problem is that the needle valve does not tighten, I can keep turning and turning it, and it will keep going. This is causing alot of air to come out. Needles to say I feel like a complete retard and if anyone has any idea please let me know.
http://www.water-testers.com/contents/en-us/d100_milwaukee-ma957-co2-regulator.html

·
Registered
401 Posts
you were supposed to turn the black knob of the regulator counter clock wise all the way, not tighten it up. the right gauge usually can not be blown unless the pressure in the co2 tank exceeds its max, which is almost impossible. but the left can be easily blown if you did not loose the black knob before you open the valve, this is how I blew mine. anyway, milwaukee is a piece of cr*p, a lot of people have issue with the needle valve. you should spend some money to get some good regulator and needle valve off ebay to retrofit yours. here is what I did to mine, and also the thread has a lot of good info on how to do it.
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/6470-Dual-Stage-Regulators?p=55891#post55891

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.