The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Don't bury the balls, just the roots. Also, yes, they are the most important part.
The flower hasn't bloomed all the way yet. It looks like it's an open air bloom, so if you submerge it, it will rot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't bury the balls, just the roots. Also, yes, they are the most important part.
The flower hasn't bloomed all the way yet. It looks like it's an open air bloom, so if you submerge it, it will rot.
SAVE THE BALLS FROM BEING BURIED!
:icon_roll

lol..

Okay so your saying the flower i should take it out of the water and maybe hang it somewhere? (not floating at all, but actually compeltely out of aquarium) where it still gets light from my lights right?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I wouldn't cut it, if you can, plant the whole plant where the flower can be above the water's surface.
I'll agree they seem to really like humidity. Anytime I would move my glass tops so the flower could come out into the air over the tank, it would die faster... =(

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Mine lasted about 2wks, anyone else?
I tried to pollinate them when I would get multiple flowers, but nothing.
No flowers for me currently, I guess I've been messing with my tanks and plants too much...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Can you tie it so it's held under the center brace, so the whole stem is in the water?

Is this a new plant or did you have it in your tank and it started to flower recently? If the latter, it should continue to put out flowers as long as you keep doing w/e it is that's making it happy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you tie it so it's held under the center brace, so the whole stem is in the water?

Is this a new plant or did you have it in your tank and it started to flower recently? If the latter, it should continue to put out flowers as long as you keep doing w/e it is that's making it happy.
well, i baught the plant at a LFS... and they had it afloat (when i purchased it) im guessing it was floating at the top the whole time they've had it... maybe i should make it float?

i tied it so everything is under water but the flowery part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.