The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that 2 of my diamond tetras have developed a very pretty pink color in their fins in the last couple of days. Is this a natural coloration, or something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Diamonds have a tendency to display pastel colorings in the fins. Mine vary toward lavendar, but under different lighting, they could appear pink.

You might just have to wait it out. Any new additions to your tank? Any bizarre, lethargic signs?

Since they're pretty active fish, I'd say it'd be pretty clear if something were going wrong.

Good luck, but don't freak out.

Kev.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No changes in behavior, eating normally, swimming around.

Just that I woke up today and they had kind of a pinkish-purplish hue in their fins.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, I almost lost the fish. Dead snail in the tank almost killed them. Good thing I saw one of them picking at it, the others were not looking good. 90% water change, they're ok now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How big was this dead snail? While Diamonds are not the most tolerant to poor or deteriorating water conditions, I cannot imagine some decaying snail to do that.

Oh well, I'm used to the micro snail size, so perhaps I'm underestimating the damage.

Now I had a dead crab once--that festered my water like no other.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
real big snail, they're all fine now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts