The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached is a pic of the growing DHG carpet on the right side of my tank. To the left you will notice that the DHG is pale in color not a vibrant green. On the right it has much better color. I had a patch of moss come loose and it sat on the right corner today covering the DHG and I was just to lazy to remove it. Well I just moved it and to my surprise it's much greener than the rest of the carpet.

Is this a case of me having to much light in the front of the tank?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I doubt it. Maybe too much light for the available nutrients. I grow DHG in sunlight which is many times more intense light than any lights we use in the hobby. I may be way off here but I really do doubt it.

What's your light setup and fertilizer regimend? Co2?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I agree with Will. Light can sort of continue increasing with healthy plants as long as CO2 and nutrients are available in ample amounts for the plant, because therefore it can just grow more.
Reducing the light is still a decent way to go about things if your other plants won't mind. Otherwise increase nutrients, and if improvements are still not seen or you're dosing EI increase CO2 levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it. Maybe too much light for the available nutrients. I grow DHG in sunlight which is many times more intense light than any lights we use in the hobby. I may be way off here but I really do doubt it.

What's your light setup and fertilizer regimend? Co2?
The front light is a Beamswork 54x1w fixture raised about 6 inches. Co2 is high, drop checker is yellow and plants are pearling. Fertilizers are EI method for 20-40G tanks with the addition of k2so4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.