The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried Dwarf hair grass in my tanks many times and never had luck with it. I have high (3.5wpg) lighting and injected co2 but don't fertilize my tank for the other plant species don't require it. I use sand in this tank and am wondering if it is absolutely necessary to use root tabs or liquid ferts on a regular basis. Is there any way around doing daily dosing to keep these plants going? Any input would be appreciated

Lucas

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have high (3.5wpg) lighting and injected co2 but don't fertilize my tank for the other plant species don't require it.
You identified the problem :D. High light, good CO2, no fertz means that the plants are nutrient limited. All other plants will benefit from an increase in nutrients.

Depending on what other plants /plant mass are there, the DHG can be outcompeted. If you have an aquarium with only DHG and nutrient limitation, it might survive.

There is really no need to dose daily (maybe for iron an argument can be made). NO3, PO4 and K can be dosed once or twice a week.
A photo of the setup and state of the DHG might help.

·
Temporarily suspended for violating sales limits
No tank right now :( :( :(
3,344 Posts
you should probably fertilize your tank. that is most likely one of your issues here

pics of your tank will help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.